Misc: Fake Hi Denomination Coins

Started by kansal888, December 06, 2017, 02:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kansal888

Dear Friends

Till few months back, we came across crude forgeries of Republic India coins, which even a child can distinguish. However, forgers are becoming more confident. The quality of their work is improving day by day.

I recently came across few fakes of RI in pretty good quality. They have mirror polish and frosting.

Regards

Sanjay Kansal

kansal888

Few More fakes in different finishes

dheer

The Tatya Tope is interesting. This coin is not available for proof and UNC sets. This means some reputable dealer who has changed contact with people who get VIP sets are involved.
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

kansal888

Coir Board in another finish

kansal888

one more coir board

kansal888

one more

Figleaf

I certainly wouldn't recognise them as fakes. What's the problem with them?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

dheer

Quote from: Figleaf on December 07, 2017, 09:19:24 PM
I certainly wouldn't recognise them as fakes. What's the problem with them?

Peter

Of late, the advance in 3D printing has enabled creation of good dies. It is almost impossible to recognize it from features. These dies are used for strike... So can't tell it it from strike. Till this post the way to tell was finish. However now the fake coins are matching finish as well.

On regular coins, the metal is give away as these are struck on copper nickel, leading to weight difference.

However on some old coins that are expensive, even the metal is matched.

Thus it becomes more difficult to identify.
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Bimat

I'm having a very uncomfortable feeling as these fakes seem to have better quality than what our mints are offering! ;D

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

kansal888

Dear Friends

BEWARE OF FRAUD SELLER KANSALSTORE7 ON EBAY SELLING FAKE COINS

I am uploading pics of some of fake coins being sold by him.

Regards

Sanjay Kansal

Figleaf

It's pretty bad to begin with if you are a serial seller of fakes, but if you abuse someone else's name to lend your fakes credibility it crosses a line. I urge you to take action with Ebay. I think you'd have a good case in court also, but that could be costly. If I remember correctly, you were able to pierce their defensive layer of thick-skulled bureaucrats before, so the last thing you need is "instructions" from my side. I am sure I speak for all active members if I say that we are fully behind you. Let us know if we can help. Just go out there and make his life as miserable as you can. Keep us informed, please.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

kansal888

kansal888

Fake Tagore proof coins of Rs 150

kansal888

Fake coins of Mahatma Gandhi's Return from South Africa