Byzantium

Started by bigsoldier, June 25, 2017, 09:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigsoldier

hello dear friends i am new here..

i joined here to have good friends.

i hunted a few coins last week and waiting your comments about them specify.and a baker signet also.

thank you all.

https://ibb.co/kPbxXk

https://ibb.co/eizvJQ

omg ıt is very hard to upload a photo to this side i think i will not use here to communicate.here is not a usuable forum.
wish me luck

capnbirdseye

Are you having trouble uploading photo's directly to WoC ?  everyone seems to manage it one way or another and it's easy from a desktop PC, not sure about from a phone as I guess you can't edit it easily.
Vic

capnbirdseye

Did you see the 'Attach:' box  below where you type your message ? you select your photo to upload from there, must be 120kb or less
Vic

bigsoldier

Quote from: capnbirdseye on June 25, 2017, 09:53:39 PM
Did you see the 'Attach:' box  below where you type your message ? you select your photo to upload from there, must be 120kb or less

thank you for your comment.

yes i saw it but it only let little kb.it is impossible to upload a good photo here what a pitty..
wish me luck

capnbirdseye

Quote from: bigsoldier on June 25, 2017, 10:22:01 PM
thank you for your comment.

yes i saw it but it only let little kb.it is impossible to upload a good photo here what a pitty..

Not at all, can you find anything wrong with this photo of just 110kb ?
Vic

bigsoldier

Quote from: capnbirdseye on June 25, 2017, 11:29:26 PM

Not at all, can you find anything wrong with this photo of just 110kb ?

wow how did you do that.

it writes 1,65 mb less at my photos thats why i cant upload photo i think.
wish me luck

Overlord

The obverse and the reverse you linked to seem to be of two different coins. Is that so?

capnbirdseye

Quote from: bigsoldier on June 26, 2017, 12:05:08 AM
wow how did you do that.

it writes 1,65 mb less at my photos thats why i cant upload photo i think.
here is the same photo reduced in quality to just 60kb and it still looks just as good good.

I think you will have problems reducing your photo size if you are using a phone unless you are able to edit it,  the photo's from my small camera  are around 400kb to start with but I use a free program called  PhotoScape to circle crop and reduce the size,

Have a look at the coin photography board to see how others can make low res photo's with iPhones etc here
Vic

bigsoldier

Quote from: Overlord on June 26, 2017, 04:25:11 AM
The obverse and the reverse you linked to seem to be of two different coins. Is that so?

yes it could be.

because i have found 6 coins actually but i couldnt upload all of them.

wish me luck

bigsoldier

Quote from: capnbirdseye on June 26, 2017, 10:21:24 AM
here is the same photo reduced in quality to just 60kb and it still looks just as good good.

I think you will have problems reducing your photo size if you are using a phone unless you are able to edit it,  the photo's from my small camera  are around 400kb to start with but I use a free program called  PhotoScape to circle crop and reduce the size,

Have a look at the coin photography board to see how others can make low res photo's with iPhones etc here

all right thank you.
wish me luck

bigsoldier

Quote from: capnbirdseye on June 26, 2017, 10:21:24 AM

did you make it lower with a program or another way?

i download a program and it could make only 720 kb
wish me luck

Figleaf

Here are your pictures. The first one was cropped to take out much of the background (on a round coin I could have taken out even more). I chased up the contrast and increased lighting. This brought out the details, which facilitates identification. Next, I brought the pixel depth down to 70%. This lowered the weight of the picture by 90%, while it is only 50% of the original size. Now, for the same cost, 9 other people can also post a picture and your has become much easier to identify.

For the sake of completeness, I also cropped the second picture, resizing it and reducing pixel depth, but not changing contrast, as detail is good enough as it is. Its weight came down 95%, from over 700 kb to 34 kb.

I used a Mac and Graphic Converter 2 software. Please refer to this thread for more information and ideas.

The first picture indeed seems to show a Byzantine coin. We would need the other side for an id. The second doesn't look like a coin to me. I think I could be part of a horse's harness. The two items should be presented in different threads, as they belong on different boards.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

capnbirdseye

Quote from: bigsoldier on June 27, 2017, 12:56:40 AM
did you make it lower with a program or another way?

i download a program and it could make only 720 kb

I used a free to download program  called PhotoScape which does practically everything that expensive apps like Photoshop can do such as removing your hand from your coin and attempting to give it better colouring which was not so easy as your photo is far too yellow
Vic

bigsoldier

Quote from: Figleaf on June 27, 2017, 09:57:30 AM
Here are your pictures. The first one was cropped to take out much of the background (on a round coin I could have taken out even more). I chased up the contrast and increased lighting. This brought out the details, which facilitates identification. Next, I brought the pixel depth down to 70%. This lowered the weight of the picture by 90%, while it is only 50% of the original size. Now, for the same cost, 9 other people can also post a picture and your has become much easier to identify.

For the sake of completeness, I also cropped the second picture, resizing it and reducing pixel depth, but not changing contrast, as detail is good enough as it is. Its weight came down 95%, from over 700 kb to 34 kb.

I used a Mac and Graphic Converter 2 software. Please refer to this thread for more information and ideas.

The first picture indeed seems to show a Byzantine coin. We would need the other side for an id. The second doesn't look like a coin to me. I think I could be part of a horse's harness. The two items should be presented in different threads, as they belong on different boards.

Peter

thank you for your help.

but the second picture is baker signet.

they sign their breads with that.
wish me luck