News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

New Coin Booking: 2010: Hyderbad Mint

Started by coinsofindia, October 08, 2010, 08:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coinsofindia

Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi Commemorative Small Coin Set of Hyderabad Mint expected soon
(Rs. 5+ Rs. 2)

Bimat

Thanks for the information! Any sources for the news? Their webpage doesn't mention anything about new coins.Also,what will be their issue price?

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

kansal888

Aditya & CoinsofIndia

I understand (not confirmed) that two variants may be issued - one coin set and two coin set. They were supposed to be released during the ongoing Commonwelath Games. However something went wrong and they could not be issued during the games.

I fuerther understand (not confirmed) that Hyderabad has already minted lots of coins. So the wait period is expected to be very less.

Regards
Sanjay Kansal

Bimat

Quote from: kansal888 on October 11, 2010, 12:25:33 PM
I fuerther understand (not confirmed) that Hyderabad has already minted lots of coins. So the wait period is expected to be very less.
I'd still prefer to buy it from a dealer who seek for a small premium even when booking directly from mint is possible.That saves time and money wise,it's almost the same. (e.g.,if the issue price is 150 INR,we have to pay 25 INR for DD+25 INR for sending the DD to mint,so total of 200 INR.I can get the same coin from dealer for about 225 INR..that too without any trouble..)

It's a shame that the coins weren't issued during the games >:(

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

kansal888

Aditya

Nice economics from you. However I will prefer to get my set directly from mint.

It eliminates the possibility of fakes. Recently packing of small denomination coins issued by Mumbai in credit card type enclosures were copied.

Regards
Sanjay Kansal

kansal888

RBI issued a circular on 11 Oct 10 informing that Rs 2 & Rs 5 coins on Commonwealth Games will be put into circulation shortly.

The reverse of the coin shall bear the logo of "XIX Commonwealth Games, 2010 Delhi" in the centre, flanked with the words "XIX COMMONWEALTH GAMES 2010 DELHI" in English & Hindi.

Also "3-14 OCTOBER 2010" written below the logo in international numeral and English.

Bimat

Quote from: kansal888 on October 11, 2010, 09:59:42 PM
It eliminates the possibility of fakes. Recently packing of small denomination coins issued by Mumbai in credit card type enclosures were copied.
That's true! But if you buy from a reliable dealer,then the chances of getting fake coins (I'm talking only about Republic India coins) are almost negligible.

Another reason why I don't like ordering directly from mint is their delivery time.Sometimes it's so high that someone may just lose his interest in that particular coin :D

Aditya

kansal888

Aditya

I still advice you to purchase from Mint. In case of earlier fakes even respectable dealers were selling them.

Because they were unaware that those were fakes. Fakes were made at the start of supply chain so by next link it was impossible to confirm if those were genuine or fakes.

Regards
Sanjay Kansal

Bimat

Just remembered that RBI will also be issuing these two coins in circulation standards,so I won't be buying the UNC set for rip off price,even from the mint... 8)

Aditya

sdchaugule

Aditya,
Collecting coins in circulation is a routine and being in Mumbai you have huge chances of getting verities. But I feel that you should collect one mint set for your collection, it will go long way. Regards,

Bimat

Quote from: sdchaugule on October 14, 2010, 02:45:25 PM
But I feel that you should collect one mint set for your collection, it will go long way.
As a rule (made for myself by me ;)),I don't collect NCLTs,Pseudo coins,Proofs,medal coins ;D or other similar things.I stopped collecting those long time ago...

Commemoratives don't circulate much in Mumbai,I'll either have to get them from a contact in RBI or from a dealer..

Aditya