Addresses of Euro Mints - Discussion

Started by a3v1, July 25, 2007, 10:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a3v1

The store on the new Vatican City's website will be open from January 1, 2008.
Regards,
a3v1

Over half a century of experience as a coin collector.
-------------
Money is like body fat: If there's too much of it, it always is in the wrong places.

BC Numismatics

Quote from: a3v1 on July 25, 2007, 10:36:43 PM
Regards,
a3v1

A3v1,I wonder if the Vatican City's numismatic department will offer only their current Euro medal-coins,or will be offering to offload all their old Lira-denominated coins & medal-coins.It would be interesting to see how many people will order from there.

Aidan.

a3v1

Quote from: BC Numismatics on July 27, 2007, 12:47:14 AM
A3v1,I wonder if the Vatican City's numismatic department will offer only their current Euro medal-coins,or will be offering to offload all their old Lira-denominated coins & medal-coins.It would be interesting to see how many people will order from there.
We'll have to wait and see what will be on offer.
I foresee that in the beginning it will be very hard to get access to the new site.
Tens of thousands of Euro collectors who, so far, have failed to register as a customer will be trying to lay their hands on Vatican's Euro coins at issue prices this way.
Regards,
a3v1
-------------
Money is like body fat: If there's too much of it, it always is in the wrong places.

translateltd

Quote from: a3v1 on July 25, 2007, 10:36:43 PM
Regards,
a3v1

Despite the claim that
>REGISTRATION AND SHOPPING ON-LINE WILL BE POSSIBLE BEGINNING IN 2008.

The "Confirm Registration" button on the Subscribe page still doesn't work - I guess I'll have to keep trying ...

JeanPar

Quote from: translateltd on January 05, 2008, 07:04:39 PM
Despite the claim that
>REGISTRATION AND SHOPPING ON-LINE WILL BE POSSIBLE BEGINNING IN 2008.

The "Confirm Registration" button on the Subscribe page still doesn't work - I guess I'll have to keep trying ...

Vatican website is still 'under construction'.

a3v1

When I, in July last year, was told the online-shop would be open as from January 1st I posted this on the forum.
Obviously the Padrinos have met considerable delay. Their skills at saying prayers in Latin probably are much better than their skills at working with javascript. ;)
Regards,
a3v1
-------------

Bimat

Quote from: chrisild on January 06, 2008, 08:32:42 PM

https://eshop.bcl.lu/
(in French, English, and German)
Very well maintained E-shop. :) The prices are dream-like (for example,a roll of 25 2Euro commemoratives just for 56Euro and so on).However,I couldn't find any information about the shipping charges..If they are not too high,I'll surely think of buying directly from there.
You have any idea,Christian?

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Bimat

Thanks Christian,I found the link for the same just after I posted the previous message ;)
20Euro sounds expensive but not too bad.If I order a roll of 2 Euro CC (25 coins) I will pay 56+20=76Euro.Approximately 3 Euro for each coin,which is fairly good price,I guess.Problem is that what should I do with those 25 coins? ::) I need just one or two for my collection.It would be cheaper if I order another roll of 2 Euro coins,because of the flat fee regardless of how much you order,as you said...

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

chrisild

Please note that some of the posts in the "old" mint addresses topics can now be found here:
Addresses of Euro Mints
http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,31.0.html

As for the Vatican (UFN) web store, currently it is still impossible to buy coins there. However, a week ago the "Wiener Zeitung" had an article about the UFN site which said that, according to the Vatican newspaper Osservatore Romano, the store will "soon" open. http://www.wienerzeitung.at/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabId=4282&alias=wzo&cob=429436 We will see ...

Christian

Bimat

I checked the Slovakia E-shop.While they allow you to select any number of 2 Euro coins (not same as Luxembourg where you have to pick up a roll of 25),they are having same postage charges to Asia (about 20Euro).If at all I decide to buy directly from their E-shop,I'll have to become Euro dealer in India. ;D

The Spanish version is still under construction,I guess.The page didn't open.The Portuguese version is not available in English >:(

Aditya

chrisild

Shipping charges are a problem indeed; most mints want quite a lot. Hard to tell for me whether this is actually necessary (a roll is heavy and bulky, an expensive coin may require extra insurance, etc.) or whether they want to keep "low volume" customers away.

As for the languages, sure, English is the most common auxiliary language ;) but is it actually necessary to have everything in two or more languages? A mint that deals with "end consumers" a lot will probably have a multilingual site (except mints in English language countries of course ...), but for those that primarily rely on other means of distribution, adding more languages would merely mean extra expenses.

The Portuguese mint is certainly not the only one in the euro area that uses the language of the country only. For example, the German numismatic office's site is German only (apart from a brief English intro), and the Italian mint has an Italian site. Another issue is that, if you have a website in x languages, your customers may expect an x-lingual customer service. Now if a mint can simply ship its products to local distributors, it won't have that problem ...

Yes, the Spanish (FNMT-RCM) webstore is not open yet. The mint has two "walk-in" stores, one in downtown Madrid and one at Barajas airport, but as I wrote, buying via the Web is not possible at this time. Don't expect anything to happen, in that regard, during the month of August. ;)

Christian

chrisild

The Vatican web store is not there yet. But there is news from Finland: The Finnish mint now has a new web shop. Address list updated accordingly.

Christian

chrisild

San Marino's numismatic office (AASFN) apparently plans to revamp its website. If you go there http://www.aasfn.sm/ these days, you will see this announcement:

Gentile Cliente, la informiamo che presto potrà consultare un sito completamente rinnovato nella veste grafica, nella struttura e nei contenuti, per una migliore e facile esperienza di navigazione. Per celebrare questo evento gli acquisti effettuati sul nuovo sito saranno esentati dal contributo spese di spedizione fino al 31 Marzo 2012. Si precisa che questa e altre novità, presenti nelle condizioni di vendita indicate nei moduli ordine che vi sono pervenuti, saranno applicate all'inaugurazione del nuovo spazio web A.A.S.F.N.

In other words, orders from the new web store should come with free shipping until the end of March 2012. Currently however the new look, content and navigation is not there yet ...

Christian