Author Topic: Russia 10rub 70th anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-45  (Read 2419 times)

Offline Miner

The Bank of Russia April 28, 2015 issue the three commemorative coins of base metal 10 Rubles denomination of the series' 70th anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945. ".

The coins are round with a diameter of 27.0 mm. Are combined and consist of two parts: a disc made of white metal, and an outer ring made of a yellow metal. On the front and back sides of the coins is raised in a circle. Side of the coin is corrugated and bears the words "ten rubles," repeated twice and divided by asterisks.

The obverse of the coins on the ring along the rim: at the top - "BANK OF RUSSIA" at the bottom - "2015". Left and right on the outer ring images of laurel and oak, respectively, elements of their picture going to the disk. In the center of the disc located number "10" and the inscription "ruble" under it indicate the denomination of the coin. Inside of the figure "0" a security element in the form of the number "10" and the inscription "rub", observed from different angles to the plane of the coin. At the bottom of the disc is the mint mark.

On the reverse side:

- Of the same coin: the relief image of the official emblem of the celebration of the 70th anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War, elements of which are: the image of the Order of the Patriotic War is located on the disc, the image of a laurel wreath and the inscription "70 years" - the ring;
- Second coin on the disc relief image of the Bronze Soldier Monument (sculptor EV Vucetich) in Treptow Park in Berlin, on the ring has the image of a laurel wreath and the inscription "70 years";
- The third coin on the disc relief images of the sculpture "Perekuёm swords into plowshares" (sculptor EV Vucetich) in New York (USA) and the globe on a ring around the circumference there is an image of a laurel wreath and the inscription "70 years" .
Circulation coins - 5.0 million. Pcs. each type.
http://cbr.ru/press/PR.aspx?file=23042015_181712coins2015-04-23T18_12_34.htm

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
In the ring on the order ОТЕЧЕСТВЕННАЯ ВОЙНА - patriotic war. All designs are quite "Soviet Union" in style, as they have taken artefacts of the period as subject.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Arthas1011

I like the top one best.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
I received these two Russian commemoratives last week. I quite like the theme 'End of Fascism', especially when it' coming from Putin's country. >:D :D

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline Gusev

• Meritorious Member
...........Putin's country. >:D :D
Country Putin ??? Ha Ha.
It's just that the country continues to live with illusions of former greatness.
This state not associated with the name a concrete president.

Nobody do not want to offend anyone, especially myself on a nationality Russian.
"Those at the top of the mountain didn't fall there."- Marcus Washling.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
My apologizes if I have offended anyone. :-[

However, Putin's image outside Russia is not very good. We Indians consider Russia as our one of the best friend, however, many of us do not trust Putin. That might be because how media presents him. ::)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
The finest hour of the Soviet Union was undoubtedly when it defeated the nazis in the East, albeit at a terrible human cost on both sides, especially in Stalingrad. If you are interested, watch the movie Enemy at the Gates (bonus: Nikita Khrushchev shows up). Stalingrad is to Russians what the Battle of Britain is to Britons: much remembered and much romanticised. It is also a political rallying point. This can be seen in the statues on the coins. There is romantic heroism, Soviet art and a bloodless victory.

These coins are issued 25 years after the fall of communism. That doesn't mean that Russia today has returned to communism. The best -ism to describe Russia today is probably nationalism, with an ultra-conservative tinge, that reaches back to czarist times, not to recreate czarism, but to re-create Russia's standing and borders of those days. Putin is a central exponent of those ideas: not a fascist but an ultra-conservative nationalist. Remember mrs. Merkel's telling reaction to the invasion of the Ukraine: "that could be done in the 19th century, but not in the 21st century".

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Gusev

• Meritorious Member
I agree Peter.
Russia's problem (and around the world) is not only Putin. The problem is 90 percent of the Russian population.
They want an empire and new victories.
Russia will do in Syria several states and mints a coin "Victory of democracy in Syria." ;D
"Those at the top of the mountain didn't fall there."- Marcus Washling.