Author Topic: Umayyad Caliphate, Arab-Byzantine: Anonymous (658-675 AD) Fals (Album-3501)  (Read 807 times)

Offline Quant.Geek

• Honorary Member
Umayyad Caliphate, Arab-Byzantine: Anonymous (658-675 AD) Fals (Album-3501; SICA I, 505)

Obv: Emperor Heraclius in center, with his sons Heraclius Constantine (on right) and Heraclonas (on left) standing facing, each wearing a crown with cross and long robes, and each holding in right hand a globe surmounted by a cross; traces of outer circle
Rev: Large M; staurogram above; officina mark Γ below; left downwards ANNO; right downwards XЧII; below exergual line mint-signature KVΠP (= Cyprus); outer circle

Former collection of the MoneyMuseum, Zurich

A high-resolution image of this coin is available at FORVM Ancient Coins

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:27:09 PM by THCoins »
A gallery of my coins can been seen at FORVM Ancient Coins

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Happy to see such an important piece in good hands, but baffled they wanted to sell it.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline Quant.Geek

• Honorary Member
Happy to see such an important piece in good hands, but baffled they wanted to sell it.

Even more baffling is that no one else bid on it either  :o.  So I got it for a real bargain and it is definitely in good hands  ;D
A gallery of my coins can been seen at FORVM Ancient Coins