Switzerland: ½ franc 1969, km23a.1, mint marks

Started by Globetrotter, September 09, 2014, 03:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Globetrotter

Hi,

just in case somebody doesn't know, where the mint marks are, or that the 1969 exists with / without mint mark.

Ole

Figleaf

I think it's a filled die, Ole. You can still see part of the right of the B, exactly in the right place.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

FosseWay

No, I think there genuinely are two varieties, with and without B, for 1969. I also have both. From 1970 to the early 80s there was no B, so it's possible they started minting B-less half-francs before the new year in 1969.

Figleaf

Fine, but that doesn't mean the coin Ole shows is not a filled die.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

FosseWay

That's true enough, though I'm not convinced it's not just a coincidental scratch.

Globetrotter

Hi,

so maybe I found a variant with a partly filled die ;D I just scrutinized it again, and there is NO nothing like a scratch, nor a part of B on the coin, it might have been a piece of dust? Anyway it isn't there any longer, so it was volatile.

Peter, here is another documentation with a coin TOTALLY WITHOUT any "rests" of the mint mark.

Ole

FosseWay

Glad it's not just me who forgets to clean the scanner platen glass or camera lens...

Figleaf

That clears it up. Frankly, I was having trouble imagining anything Swiss and imperfect. :)

Peter