December Competition 2013

Started by andyg, December 20, 2013, 11:37:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyg

Once again I've taken ten coins - with a theme - Can you work out what they are ?

For hints see the previous years threads
2012 thread
2011 thread
2010 thread
2009 thread

Simply PM me your answers and I will post the amount you have correct, send as many PM's with answers as you like.  To win this year if you have 10 correct answers we will hold a draw, if no one has 10 then the 1st prize goes to whoever has most.

Last entry is 30th December 2013, after which I will post the prize (s) to the winner (s).

Please do not post answers in this thread.
Comments welcome!
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

andyg

prizes this year,

1st - pick which of the three coins you would like
2nd - pick which of the two remaining coins you would like
3rd - whatever is left. :)

always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

chrisild

Part 3 looks like a headless football player to me. >:D Thank you for putting the "jigsaw puzzle" together, and for the competition!

Christian

redwine

Yes, many thanks for the puzzle.  8)
But I see no overall weight or diameter  ;)
I've definitely got some of them, probably  ::)
Always willing to trade.  See my profile for areas of interest.

Bimat

This is NOT easy! Haven't been able to find a single coin yet! ::)

Thanks for the quiz. That will keep me busy next week in the office. >:D

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Bimat

Side Note: Just like last year, there will be a prize from my side too. :) In case there are multiple winners, there will be a draw to decide who gets prize from whom. In case there's only one winner with 10 correct answers (or maximum number of answers), he will have the freedom to decide which coin he wants and there will be a draw to decide the prize for members on 2nd, 3rd etc positions...

I hope Andy doesn't mind this. ;)

I haven't yet decided the contents of prize yet, I'll see if I can post some scans. You can be sure that you will receive round metallic object(s)... ;D

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

redwine

Get in there!
I've actually got one right.  Wahooooooooooo!!! ::) ;D :P

Afrasi

Prosit

Very Challenging!  At the first and looking at # 8....I was tempted not to even try.  ???
I thought no way do I ever know that coin from that little data. That one turned out not to be the
most difficult,  8)

But it is all great fun!

Dale

redwine

Prosit

Afrasi

Quote from: Prosit on December 21, 2013, 09:32:16 PMAt the first and looking at # 9....I was tempted not to even try.  ???
I thought no way do I ever know that coin from that little data. That one turned out not to be the
most difficult,  8)

I had the most problems with no 8, because ...  :-X

bart

In fact, it is also number 8 that causes me problems!  ???

Prosit

I mis spoke (now corrected) ....yes # 8 was the toughest for me too not number #9 like I originally mis stated.

I also had a lot of problems with # 10 and it drove me crazy. I knew I knew it and pretty sure it was pictured on WOC this year and I had looked at it very recently....but I could not remember it. In fact I have that exact coin, and it turns out that it is the only example I  have of that denomination.

Dale

Quote from: bart on December 22, 2013, 01:40:46 AM
In fact, it is also number 8 that causes me problems!  ???

SpaBreda

Number 10 was a real bell-ringer ... one of the last I found ...
Nr.1 was the last I found ... late last night ... Had to find it !  8)

Paul.