News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

UK's First Decimal Coins

Started by Bimat, January 03, 2015, 03:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bimat

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

<k>

Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

Bimat

Apparently no difference; except the country name and of course the reverse! :D

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Candy

That is real nice ;D , did you get them on eBay ?

Bimat

Yeah got it off eBay, for €3 I guess... 8)

Aditya

Candy

Quote from: Bimat on January 04, 2015, 07:17:57 AM
Yeah got it off eBay, for €3 I guess... 8)

Aditya

That is great ! The coppers have a really nice red colour especially on the obverse side  8) . Are you keeping them in that blue wallet folder they came in?

FosseWay

Quote from: DanCa on January 07, 2015, 12:49:16 AM
The coppers have a really nice red colour especially on the obverse side 

That is what uncirculated bronze is supposed to look like! With the widespread use over the past couple of decades of copper-plated steel (or zinc) we have perhaps become used to the brasher, pinker colour of unc. copper, especially in the UK and eurozone, where the vast majority/all of circulating "coppers" with lustre are copper-plated and not bronze.

Candy

Quote from: FosseWay on January 07, 2015, 06:52:29 PM
That is what uncirculated bronze is supposed to look like!

interesting ,then I love that look .

Quote from: FosseWay on January 07, 2015, 06:52:29 PM
With the widespread use over the past couple of decades of copper-plated steel (or zinc) we have perhaps become used to the brasher, pinker colour of unc. copper, especially in the UK and eurozone, where the vast majority/all of circulating "coppers" with lustre are copper-plated and not bronze.

yeah,while on the subject- I find it sad that there are now very few countries left that have bronze coins still in circulation and none seem to be making bronze coins today  :'(

Bimat

Quote from: DanCa on January 07, 2015, 12:49:16 AM
That is great ! The coppers have a really nice red colour especially on the obverse side  8) . Are you keeping them in that blue wallet folder they came in?

I think I'll keep them as they are... :)

Aditya