News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Fairy Tales

Started by <k>, August 08, 2013, 03:25:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

<k>

Latvia 1 lats 2004.jpg

Latvia, 1 lats, 2004. Fairytale character Spriditis.
Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

bart

I got recently 2 fairy tale-coins. Especially denmark dedicated a series of coins to the tales of Andersen. I only have the Ugly Duckling.

bart

The other one I have is a German 10 euro - Snow White. I love the dwarfs!

Prosit

Nice coins and a subject I like.  Would you draw a distinction between Fairy Tales and Folk Tales? What about Legends? Mythology?
Fantasy?

In some cases one's mythology can be another's religion...

Dale

<k>

Quote from: Prosit on August 16, 2013, 11:24:31 PM
Would you draw a distinction between Fairy Tales and Folk Tales? What about Legends? Mythology?Fantasy?

Dale

That's the problem I'm having:

Myths, folktales, and associated beasts

How to dice and slice these subjects. There are ancient myths, but folk tales / fairy tales are much the same and more recent. East Asian folk tales are rather different from European ones. The Kazakhstan folk beasts seem closer to the European tradition than to the Indian, or Thai, or Chinese.

dheer

Is this Barbie coin from Australia real or pseudo

http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Bimat

Quote from: dheer on August 17, 2013, 06:20:58 PM
Is this Barbie coin from Australia real or pseudo

The Perth Mint is one of the largest producer of pseudo coins in the world.. ::)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

<k>

The French sent Klaus Barbie to prison for making that doll. I don't blame them - it's a crime against humanity.

chrisild

Then again, Rossini's "Barbie of Seville" was an enormous success ... Well, of course that Perth Mint piece is real, but it was not made for circulation.

Christian

Bimat

Latvia €5 (2016): Three Cats. Part of Fairy Tales Series.

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Globetrotter

HCA, the Nightingale

Globetrotter

HCA, the Snow Queen

Globetrotter

HCA, the Shadow

gerard974

Hello
is many from Kazakhstan

Currency of the Republic of Kazakhstan

best regards Gerard

chrisild

And a few more from Germany. Actually those have not been issued yet but will come in the next years: They are the last four issues in the Grimm Brothers Fairy Tales series that began in 2012. Here is a large image of the four.

Christian