Author Topic: Couple of Interesting Algerian 50 Dinar Commemorative Coins  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Here are two interesting Algerian 50 Dinar commemorative coins I received couple of weeks back. My experience is that Algerian commemorative coins are hard to find compared to other Central Asian countries so pleased with new acquisitions. :)

Technical details of both the coins:

50 Dinar, Bimetallic, 28.5 mm, 9.3 g, Mintage unknown.

(Images will follow in next two posts)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Couple of Interesting Algerian 50 Dinar Commemorative Coins
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 08:27:52 AM »
Here's first one:

50 Dinars (1994): 40th Anniversary - Start of the Algerian Revolution, KM# 131.

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Couple of Interesting Algerian 50 Dinar Commemorative Coins
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 08:29:16 AM »
...And here's second one:

50 Dinars (2004): 50th Anniversary of Liberation, KM# 138. Reverse is interesting; it shows Stylized flag and two Moudjahid (revolutionaries)!

Aditya

paisepagal

Re: Couple of Interesting Algerian 50 Dinar Commemorative Coins
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2013, 11:01:45 AM »
Here are two interesting Algerian 50 Dinar commemorative coins I received couple of weeks back. My experience is that Algerian commemorative coins are hard to find compared to other Central Asian countries so pleased with new acquisitions. :)

Technical details of both the coins:

50 Dinar, Bimetallic, 28.5 mm, 9.3 g, Mintage unknown.

(Images will follow in next two posts)

Aditya

Uhm, not sure what they teach in geography classes these days, but pretty sure Algeria is in North Africa. Just thought I'd point that out given you do have some very nice Algerian coins. Other than that, cool technical specifications