News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Die Variety: Rs 1 1993B, KM92.1, Narrow and Wide Diamond

Started by Globetrotter, February 13, 2013, 11:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Venkatesh A J

"Coin collecting is the only hobby in the world that you can
spend all the money in the world and still have some left over"

Naveen

yes....this exist, now try the Cross coins(1, 2 rupees) of 2005, 06, 07- Full of variants from each and every mint. check on mint marks, Size and shape of year, letters etc...

Then 2007 2 rupee H mint Mudra design - u can see atleast 3 diff Mint marks below year.

1996, 1997,1998,1999 2 rupees H mint - U will see n number of variants... keep on searching... u will be mad....

dheer

Quote from: Globetrotter on February 13, 2013, 11:12:10 AM
Please see the link. The SCWC mentions the variants, but doesn't describe them...

Nice variety. Do you have both
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

Globetrotter

Yes, I have both... The variants I document are in 99% of the cases all in my posession! I have finished with my Indian doubles now, so no more from me for the moment, except a die crack, which I'll publish in a moment.

Globetrotter

nomadbird

if you compare all the lettering and the design, all of them are a bit bigger in the latter...may be due to a heavy pressure applied?  again interesting.... but how many examples of the latter... can be an error - not a variety though in my opinion until a significant percentage of the latter or former reported.
Thx
Nomadbird

dheer

Quote from: nomadbird on December 15, 2018, 11:46:27 AM
if you compare all the lettering and the design, all of them are a bit bigger in the latter...may be due to a heavy pressure applied?  again interesting.... but how many examples of the latter... can be an error - not a variety though in my opinion until a significant percentage of the latter or former reported.
Error or variety is not decided by numbers alone
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

nomadbird

Error is not decided by number... there can be one error.... variety is certainly by numbers... or else everyone here would create their own varieties... than the one oringinally intended by mints...
Thx
Nomadbird

africancoins

I have these two varieties...  and have had them for a long time.

Thanks Mr Paul Baker