Author Topic: Russia: Issue Program for 2014  (Read 1843 times)

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
Russia: Issue Program for 2014
« on: February 11, 2013, 03:12:15 PM »
Yes, you read it right. ;) 2013 has just started, but the Bank of Russia has already published its plans for next year. As usual, there will be many new issues, mostly in precious metals (thus surcharged) and few circulating commemorative coins too. The list can be seen here:

http://cbr.ru/eng/bank-notes_coins/memorable_coins/plan.asp?Y=2014

"Towns of Martial Glory" series will continue in 2014 too, there will be 8 different issues in brass plated steel (Nalchik, Vyborg, Kalach-on-Don, Vladivostok, Tikhvin, Tver, Anapa and Kolpino). Mintage: Max. 10 million (each)

There will be four bimetallic 10 Ruble commemorative coins too from the series "The Russian Federation" (Tyumen Region, Saratov Region, Republic Ingushetia and Chelyabinsk Region). Mintage again, max 10 million each.

There will be one more bimetallic 10R commemorative from the series "Ancient Towns of Russia": Nerekhta, Kostroma Region. Mintage 5 Million (max)...

No images yet...

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline milkshakespeare

Re: Russia: Issue Program for 2014
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »
And the Olympic program includes two 25 rouble coins this year! There might be more next year, the CBR often updates their plans in the middle of the year. I'm very happy about the amount of new bimetallics! I hope that they'll really mint the 10 million of them, instead of the miserable mintages of the last couple of years...

Offline adam

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 08:26:48 PM »
I hope not. It's max number means that they can product at any amount of coins below that. But they should not practise what they did in 2010 more often or ever again.
Thai bimetallic coins and nickel alloy 10, 20, 50 & 100 baht coins
Last update: Dec 2015 updated only nickel coin info.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 06:55:10 AM »
I don't think there are any plans to issue two 25 Ruble commemorative coins this year, not counting silver collector coins. (See here). May be you are talking about these two coins which were issued in 2011 and 2012? ;)

There are only three or four Russian 10 Ruble bimetallic commemorative coins which are expensive, remaining issues are not so hard to find. I hope they make enough number of coins...for collectors. :D

Aditya

It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Offline milkshakespeare

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 05:47:13 PM »
I don't think there are any plans to issue two 25 Ruble commemorative coins this year, not counting silver collector coins. (See here). May be you are talking about these two coins which were issued in 2011 and 2012? ;)

Yes there are, at least according to the Russian version of the Sochi-2014 issue plan. The second 2013 25-rouble coin was added later to the plan, and I see that the English version hasn't been updated.

Offline Bimat

• आदित्य
  • Global Moderator
  • Honorary Member
  • Mumbai, India.
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 07:20:54 AM »
Yes there are, at least according to the Russian version of the Sochi-2014 issue plan. The second 2013 25-rouble coin was added later to the plan, and I see that the English version hasn't been updated.

I wasn't aware of that, thanks! :)

Will be getting the 2013 25 Ruble issues once the are issued..Already have the first two issues so need these two too to (unintentional t's :D) complete the set. :)

Aditya