News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

December competition 2012!

Started by andyg, December 20, 2012, 01:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bimat

Now we (Andy and myself) have secret numbers for five winners. 8)

Can we have a lucky draw now, Peter? :)

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

Bimat

And the most important question: Should I disclose what will be the prize from me or should it remain a secret? :D At the moment only Figleaf knows what it is...

Aditya
It is our choices...that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. -J. K. Rowling.

bart

It was indeed a challenging competition. It took me several days to find the first one, which seemed afterwards a wrong guess (I thought the El Salvador peso was a coin from Uruguay, which made it very difficult to find the theme.)
Also, using twice the same country drove me mad! I already knew country nr. 3 had something to do with an L (the theme being "Collecting"), but I searched every country with an L to find the last coin, except Liberia, which was already used for nr. 4
Very, very clever!

Many, many thanks to Andrew to organise this competition!

I am already looking out to the competition next year! ;D

Bart

FosseWay

Yes, many thanks to Andrew!

I got the NZ, Iraq and second Liberia ones immediately, but Canada and the first Liberia one only after I'd figured out the theme. Also in my edition of KM the illustration of the first Liberia one is very poor, and on the Omani one the relevant bit of the reverse is hidden behind the obverse.

Afrasi

A great competition worked out in a perfect way by Andrew! Many thanks!!!

Great, Greater, Greatorex!!!  :D

nomadbird

Thanks Andy, i didn ot even get one, please disclose the answers :)  and your Favorite clues on the first characters!
Thx
Nomadbird

Bimat

Quote from: Nirmal Kumar on December 31, 2012, 05:01:13 PM
Thanks Andy, i didn ot even get one, please disclose the answers :)  and your Favorite clues on the first characters!

See reply# 35 for answers. :)

http://www.worldofcoins.eu/forum/index.php/topic,19377.msg132087.html#msg132087

Aditya

andyg

results -

Bimat allocated everyone a random number as follows -

Bart - 1
Mackie - 2
SpaBreda - 3
Afrasi - 4
Fosseway - 5

Peter then allocated each number (without knowing who they were) the prizes as follows -
first prize: 4
second prize: 1
Aditya's prize: 5
fourth : 2
fifth : 3

So congratulations all !
I will be in touch shortly.

always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

$$

Congrats to all winner and the real winners are those who participated in the competition.

Big applause to creative mind who was behind this.

Hope there will be more competition in this year - 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR

to u all and your family

Keep enjoying collecting all * Memeories *

samir
S
  S
     S

Bimat

So all those active members who did not participate, when are you going to send gold coins to Andy and silver coins to me? ;D >:D

Aditya

$$

Adi

wish u a happy new year

btw silver/ gold painted coin wanted

i am in search of those if found dam sure it will be 2013 competition gift from me.

Quote from: Bimat on January 01, 2013, 07:23:39 AM
So all those active members who did not participate, when are you going to send gold coins to Andy and silver coins to me? ;D >:D

Aditya
S
  S
     S

Mackie

Congratulations to all the winners!!
Warm Regards,
Mackie

chrisild

Quote from: Bimat on January 01, 2013, 07:23:39 AM

Once their chocolate cores have all been devoured. ;D  And -- congrats again!

Christian

dheer

Congratulation to all the winners, and also to one who guessed correctly but did not win any prizes ...
A special congrats to all who participated [including me :) although i was expecting a prize for all wrong guesses]
http://coinsofrepublicindia.blogspot.in
A guide on Republic India Coins & Currencies

malj1

Quote from: dheer on January 02, 2013, 11:11:16 AM
    ....i was expecting a prize for all wrong guesses]

Had a look round and found this one for you.  ;D
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.