Author Topic: Egyptian token, Psaradoli  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
Egyptian token, Psaradoli
« on: August 02, 2008, 02:03:02 PM »
Brass token, 21,9 mm. Base piece looks like a French or German interbellum generic token with the figure 20 on one side, the other side is blank. Stamped on the value side a Greek K and PS. On the blank side another Greek PS. All counterstamps left smooth spots on the other side.

According to the seller, the token below is a 20 para piece issued in Egypt for one Costas Psaradoli. I have no other information. Can anyone confirm or does anyone have a catalogue number?

Peter
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 02:04:44 PM by Figleaf »
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline muenz-goofy

Re: Egyptian token, Psaradoli
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 07:00:44 PM »
Peter,

I never saw this piece, but it is an interesting puzzle. I asked a friendly collector from South Africa with Greek roots about this item. Let us hope for his reply.

Cheers
Dietmar
God created the ocean, we the boat. God created the wind, we the sail. He created the lull, we the paddle (African proverb)

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 07:07:10 PM »
Good networking, Dietmar. Thanks. (Wouldn't your friend want to join us here?)

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Offline muenz-goofy

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 07:44:53 PM »
Interesting piece that is and the letters are greek (psi & kapa) but as to where it comes from i have no idea. Keep well
Thanasi

Peter,

as you can read, the token remains still unidentified.

Right now I do not have any idea how to proceed.

My friend told me that this forum is very interesting, but at present there is a gap of time to join. Maybe later? Hopefully!

Dietmar
God created the ocean, we the boat. God created the wind, we the sail. He created the lull, we the paddle (African proverb)

Offline Figleaf

• Administrator
  • Honorary Member
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 08:32:58 PM »
I'll just continue to take the seller's word for it. Thanks for trying.

Peter