News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Discussion: This weekend's purchase - proofs 2 & 5 Paise

Started by @josephjk, September 15, 2012, 10:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@josephjk

2 paise,5 paise, 25 paise

MWM

Nice coins. Which coin show you are talking about?

Abhay

I believe that all these coins have been broken from the Proof sets of the respective years, as they were not issued otherwise.

Am I right??

Abhay
INVESTING IN YESTERDAY

@josephjk

You're right Abhay, most probably they are from FAO proof sets. Dealers sold the silver coins for value and these were leftover...

Mackie

Nice coins you bought, Joseph. Tell us more about the coin show. :)
Warm Regards,
Mackie

@josephjk

Yes the BEP gives tours of that plant, specially the gift shop ;). Just printing, no minting in that facility
http://www.moneyfactory.gov/tours/fortworthtxtours.html

The Oracle

Quote from: @josephjk on September 16, 2012, 11:57:51 AM
Mayank most coins shows here are very similar to pics I've seen of the ones in Mumbai and Europe. In Texas the average show has about 50 dealers (45 of them sell only American) most of them are there to trade silver and gold. There are a couple of shows almost every month. A lot of them will have grading services as one of their attractions. The attached pic is one from the web, looks like the Houston money show which has over 200 dealers. There is an ANA show coming up in Dallas during October 2012 which will be about that size - anyone interested?
http://www.coinshows.com/texas.html

i will come.  if you can arrange for my first class tickets hotel stay and 5000$ coin show money.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

in return ill make sure you make more than that from the show  ;)

@josephjk

Quote from: The Oracle on September 16, 2012, 04:38:21 PM
i will come.  if you can arrange for my first class tickets hotel stay and 5000$ coin show money.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

in return ill make sure you make more than that from the show  ;)

You forgot belly dancers... ;D ;D

Mackie

Warm Regards,
Mackie

Mackie

Warm Regards,
Mackie

mumbapuri

Sweet :) real nice... don't want to sound rude, can i request the price? going by past experience foreign coins come cheap compared to american coins... only sad part is they are taxed.... has that changed?

Regards,

The Oracle

Quote from: mumbapuri on September 19, 2012, 09:20:50 AM
Sweet :) real nice... don't want to sound rude, can i request the price? going by past experience foreign coins come cheap compared to american coins... only sad part is they are taxed.... has that changed?

Regards,

ill take a guess 5$ for the whole lot   ;D ;D ;D ;D