News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Amusement token, Jubilee Products, Hendon

Started by Figleaf, November 13, 2011, 09:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figleaf

Threepence maybe? The other side is blank. Little to go on, impossible to Google. Looks hopeless to me: 21.2 mm, 4.7 grammes. Non-magnetic. Made to look like copper.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

malj1

Jubilee Products - Hayes 215 is brass; 215.1 is alloy; 215.2 has J.P. ℞. L
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Figleaf

Any more info on Jubilee products' address or business? Googling didn't help.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

malj1

No, what do you want for your money?  ;D

Found four more types in the supplement. Probably swallowed up over the years by the big boys.
Malcolm

Figleaf

Would that mean "UK gaming token?"

I did find a Jubilee products in the US, doing saccharine illustrations. Not the same clubb, I think.

Peter

malj1

Quote from: Figleaf on November 13, 2011, 10:21:13 PM
Would that mean "UK gaming token?"

I think its safe to assume that as its listed.

There have been very few mistakes discovered; R. Hayes has done a tremendous amount of work on these, the more you research the more you realise this.
Malcolm

Figleaf

Great. Thank you. So the book is on UK gaming tokens only? One puzzle less...

Peter

africancoins

The "3 Jubilee" piece is likely for 3 (old) pence....

I have the type Hayes 215.2 and nothing else for this issuer.

It has "J P" to one side and "L" to the other side. All letters very plain and to the same size.

Jubilee Products Limited I see listed in the index in the group titled...  "Amusement & Vending".....

However - then I got a search result from google books...

From (1973) the recreation management yearbook... the other companies names nearby were definitely amusements.....

Jubilee Products Ltd.
8 Rushgrove Avenue
Hendon, NW9

Thanks Mr Paul Baker

malj1

Quote from: Figleaf on November 13, 2011, 10:52:52 PM
Great. Thank you. So the book is on UK gaming tokens only? One puzzle less...

Peter

Slightly different, it is Machine Tokens so that is anything that goes in a coin-slot machine. I.E. Amusement machines, vending machines, Car Wash, Public convenience, Gas, Laundry etc.
Malcolm

Figleaf

Brilliant, gentlemen. I'd never thought we'd get this far from so little information. Thank you all.

Peter

malj1

Quote from: malj1 on November 13, 2011, 09:52:35 PM
Jubilee Products - Hayes 215 is brass; 215.1 is alloy; 215.2 has J.P. ℞. L

Here is another of those; Hayes 215.2  [I also find I have that Jubilee 3 in brilliant Unc]

Malcolm

malj1

At Britain's coin machine show, the Amusement Trades Exhibition, held Nov.  28 - Dec.1 1966 in London, among the exhibitors listed in the US magazine Billboard of Nov.26 1966, Jubilee Products is mentioned as a fruit machine manufacturer introducing a new range of Riviera fruit machines for use in clubs and a Tankard series for pub or arcade sites.

The full article may be seen here.
Malcolm

malj1

Jubilee Products was owned by an Australian Company Aristocrat.

The company Jubilee Products was set up in the UK by two men with the lovely and unbelievable names of Nutt and Muddle from Australia where they were also known as the New Century Novelty Company.

I recently added a page to my web site Aristocrat - Jubilee Products will be found lower down on the page.
Malcolm