News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

US Parking Token

Started by chrisild, March 04, 2018, 04:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisild

Just got back from the US where we also went to Riverside, CA. Had lunch at a barbecue place downtown where parking would have been pricy, except we got a token like this one. On one side - see attached image - you see a vintage car and the text "Parking Token", the other side says "No Cash Value". For some reason I ended up with two, so I brought one home. The one in the image has a Cu-Ni appearance; mine (the one I kept) looks brass-ish ...

Christian

Figleaf

I guess they are nickel-plated and the nickel wears off quickly. No sign of a maker on the other side?

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

andyg

It's a standard design from
Tokens Direct 0490-0.984
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

malj1

A generic token for use in parking lots that don't want to buy their own named tokens.

The other side is important too to attribute it precisely. This page has some listed but without images as yet.

Several makers such as RWM, HM or VB, many show these initials while others are anonymous.
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.