Some East Pakistan Coin

Started by Md. Shariful Islam, April 07, 2012, 04:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Md. Shariful Islam

Some East Pakistan (present Bangladesh) coin that I received as gift. The coins are circulated but I gladly accepted them as I did not have these dates. Unfortunately I missed chance to get as many as hundred Bangladeshi 10 and 5 Poisha alluminum coins as one of his family member sold the coins to someone for melting  :'(.

Islam

Md. Shariful Islam

Some more:

Md. Shariful Islam

Some more:

Mackie

Nice coins in fairly good shape. Congrats!!  :)
Warm Regards,
Mackie

Md. Shariful Islam

@josephjk

I started collecting Pakistan coins recently. I know they have to be pre 1970 but how do you tell them apart? East vs West, I mean or were they all the same coinage?

@josephjk

Couple more

@josephjk

And a few more  :)

@josephjk

Have just one Bangladesh coin  :-\

@josephjk

Last group..

Md. Shariful Islam

Wao. Amazing coins. Someone told me (did not read from any authentic source) that these coins with Bangla is for East Pakistan.

Mackie

Quote from: @josephjk on April 07, 2012, 05:53:25 PM
And a few more  :)

Joseph you acquired quite a few in a very short time. Fantastic!!  :D

Warm Regards,
Mackie

asm

Most of these coins are easily available in Dhaka. I have myself picked up quite a few and different types in previous visits. Only the early Cu-Ni were quite expensive.

Amit
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"

Md. Shariful Islam

Quote from: asm on April 08, 2012, 03:45:10 AM
Only the early Cu-Ni were quite expensive.

Amit

Do you mean One rupee, half rupee and quarter rupee of 1948 and so on? How much do they cost?

asm

I am not sure of the dates but I believe it was those. I remember they were comparatively much more expensive but it has been 3 years nor and my memmory is not great.......... about 300 to 500 takkas for the three.........if I remember correctlt while the others were below 5 to 10 Tk each... but I also saw them only once till now.

Amt
"It Is Better To Light A Candle Than To Curse The Darkness"