Dutch coffee machine tokens - please help complete the picture collection

Started by malj1, March 07, 2012, 12:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malj1

Mistakes like this do happen and this has given me an idea for a new topic Errors on tokens of which I do have a few of these such as one with a retrograde N.

Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

Figleaf

The Maas page is updated. Magnificent, with two types and a variety not in Kooij. Have a look here. Thanks again malj1 and jezuss!

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

jezuss

jezuss

jezuss

Figleaf

Quote from: jezuss on August 29, 2018, 03:01:17 PM
faema 24.1mm brass

The phone number (if that's what it is) is not in the Netherlands and the diameter does not match with a producer, importer or distributor. This diameter was used, but in the past, while FAEMA's tokens are more recent. Compare Kooij KB 19, 381, 414 and 466. Since FAEMA is a multi-national, this token is quite likely to have been intended for another country.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

jezuss

faema 23.5mm brass in reverse.
i have this token with medal alignment (006) and with coin alignment (012).

jezuss

F 74 token: 22mm nickel plated steel.
i don't know if it has been used in the netherlands.

Figleaf

Farmer Joost Koppens had a problem. He was 58 and pensions hadn't been invented yet. His pension was his eldest son, Leo, who would succeed him and take care of him and his wife until they died. He had sent Leo to evening agricultural school and now he had received Leo's first report card by mail. Leo had done really well, except that the report card was from the wrong school! It came from a technical evening school. Joost was fuming.

His wife, Lucia, saved the day for Leo. She calmed down her husband, who agreed that Leo could continue his technical training on the condition that their second son would drop out of school and become his successor.

Soon after, Leo was in prison...

Read the rest of the story here. Amazing, what you can learn from coffee vending machine tokens.

Peter

malj1

Quote from: malj1 on August 11, 2018, 01:38:25 AM
Wittenborg International brass 22.6mm

There was an error with the size 22.75mm on WoT its definitely 22.6mm corrected and additional remarks removed.

actual 22.56mm
Malcolm

malj1

Malcolm

jezuss

Figleaf

Quote from: malj1 on September 08, 2018, 05:35:48 AM
There was an error with the size 22.75mm on WoT its definitely 22.6mm corrected and additional remarks removed.

actual 22.56mm

I agree with jezuss. Not an error. My token is 22.7 plus. I just measured it again with electronic calliper.

Peter

malj1

My one is definitely 22.56mm with electronic calliper. ..this agrees with kooij so there must be a further variety.  :D

weight = 5.8g
Malcolm

Figleaf

I would rather call it an excessive remedy. I wonder how that Danish machine worked. If it didn't care too much about the diameter, it would invite people to use cheap foreign coins. A loss for the boss. There is a reason quite a few tokens were produced at the Utrecht mint and its neither weight requirements nor price ;)

I propose we make a note that diameter varies between 22.6 and 22.8.

Peter