News:

Sign up for the monthly zoom events by sending a PM with your email address to Hitesh

Main Menu

Latvia to join the euro area on 1-Jan-2014

Started by Icosahedron, February 22, 2012, 12:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisild

Yes, I think so too. Sent them a note; we'll see. :)

(Edit)  I was ... ahem ... how to put this ... wrong. Just got a reply from them:

Thank You very much for Your inquiry.
,,Eurozone will Join Latvia" is an intentional ,,mistake" as it is one of the euro campaing slogans in Latvia.
Wishing You a very nice evening,

Duh.

Christian

chrisild

More info -- and guess what, both use the "Eurozone joins Latvia" slogan. :)
I uploaded them (in PDF format) here:

Eurozone joins Latvia events (2 pages, about 120K)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/s14qwdpx87ib3sl/index.html

Events open for the media (2 pages, about 600K)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dleezi5tel6ytp1/index.html

Christian

Prosit

The guy I know in Latvia said he hasn't been able to get any starter packs. They flew off the shelf so to speak  :) Well isn't that the way of it? I want a set, am in no hurry to get one and I suspect they will never be worth much but that doesn't stop people from hoarding them for a while.

Don't remember any of the other euro countries joining that attracted my attention as much as this one. Don't know why.

Dale

kwcoin

It does seem that there is somewhat a demand for the Latvia coins. When I pre-ordered my set in Sept-October,  I was given a price of € 6,95 now when I check the dealers websight the dealer is NOT accepting any more pre-orders because of high demand and the number of sets allocated has been reached. :o 

chrisild

Hypes come and go. ;) The coins should soon be available "en masse", but if you want to buy a packed set ... From what I have read (Aditya posted that here too), there will be 30,000 BU sets and 5,000 proof sets. Don't know about prices though.

Christian

kwcoin

I'll get the BU set like I do for all issues but I might wait a bit and see what  kind of prices they are selling for at coin shows towards the end of the year.  I agree they won't be scarce. By then the hoopla should have worn off a bit.  Any coin can be had for a price. The question how far is one willing to go ?  ;)     

Prosit

How far is one willing to go...for me not very far at all   ;) I can wait.
Dale

Quote from: kwcoin on December 16, 2013, 12:38:26 PM
I'll get the BU set like I do for all issues but I might wait a bit and see what  kind of prices they are selling for at coin shows towards the end of the year.  I agree they won't be scarce. By then the hoopla should have worn off a bit.  Any coin can be had for a price. The question how far is one willing to go ?  ;)