Comments on Commemorative coins from Bangladesh

Started by Md. Shariful Islam, January 25, 2012, 05:03:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Md. Shariful Islam

I have kept the thread 'Commemorative coins from Bangladesh' locked for keeping the thread informative and for ease of reading. But I think the readers might have comment. I request members to put comment on the coins here.

Islam

paisepagal

Thanks Islam ... Nice coins... I had read about nazrul a couple months ago but did not include him in my list of suggestions for possible Indian coins in 2012 since he later on became a citizen of Pakistan ... So that made it unlikely the govt would decide to commemorate him on a coin ... Though there are some semi official celebrations going on.

Could you provide the pics of the other side of the coins too ?

Md. Shariful Islam

Quote from: paisepagal on January 25, 2012, 05:09:02 PM
Thanks Islam ... Nice coins... I had read about nazrul a couple months ago but did not include him in my list of suggestions for possible Indian coins in 2012 since he later on became a citizen of Pakistan ... So that made it unlikely the govt would decide to commemorate him on a coin ... Though there are some semi official celebrations going on.

Could you provide the pics of the other side of the coins too ?

My knowledge on the issue of Pakistan citizenship is limited. What I know that he was brought to Bangladesh 'his home' after independence of Bangladesh with understanding of two countries government, I mean India and Bangladesh and that time he was suffering from lost memory.

Which country he is citizen of should not be an issue while he contributed huge in culture and even independence movement of India. Like Bangladesh commemorates 150 years of Rabindranath who is an Indian But he he is commemorated as BAngali and our culture is hugely influenced by his literatures. Rabindranath also has more than one residence here in Bangladesh which has been preserved as meuseum.

Islam

Md. Shariful Islam

Quote from: paisepagal link=action=profile;u =1410 date=1327507195
Hi tanka

Sheikh mujibur seems to point a very accusing finger ... Please also let us know the translation ofthat saying

Thanks dear. This is a great leadership moment of Bangbandhu. He was calling Bangladeshis to fight against Pakistanis. 'this is the struggle for freedom, this is the struggle for independence'. With this call at 'Paltan' Bangladeshis started to fight against Pakistanis and in 9 months we secured our freedom.
Actually, in this portrait Bangbandhu raised finger against Pakistanis.
Islam