One of a kind: Rejections!

Started by <k>, February 03, 2012, 12:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paisepagal

Quote from: coffeetime on February 04, 2012, 01:17:06 AM
I defy you to find another coin that uses electric pylons as its subject. The Mozambique 5000 Meticais of 1998 does exactly that. Not, you would think, a particularly promising subject, but the artist (unknown as yet!) could scarcely have made a better job of it.

There is a set of indian coins from the 70's that has a similar theme... Can't find the pics though

malj1

To highlight the need to improve the plight of women in rural areas, India issued a 25 paise commemorative coin on 1st January, 1981. The obverse of the coin shows a woman using an electric husking machine, with a traditional granary and electric pylon in the background.

Source http://www.coinnetwork.com/profiles/blogs/25-paise-commemorative-coins
Malcolm
Have a look at  my tokens and my banknotes.

chrisild

Quote from: coffeetime on February 04, 2012, 01:21:02 AM
Do any other coins depict microchips?

Can it be a big chip too? :) Here is one, on an Austrian collector coin from 2000. They issued two silver/titanium "millennium" pieces. This one is about communication; the other one (2001) is about mobility. Note how, in the pill, the "100" value is displayed again in a fancy font ...

Christian

gerard974

Hello
do you know those big bird ??,i dont think that other country at minted one coin with the DODO
Gerard

gerard974

hello
And those other with BAOBABS

<k>

Quote from: gerard974 on February 04, 2012, 02:17:30 PMHello
do you know those big bird ??,i dont think that other country at minted one coin with the DODO
Gerard

No other country, but there is another coin design of a dodo by Mauritius, so I have to reject it.  :(

Visit the website of The Royal Mint Museum.

See: The Royal Mint Museum.

<k>

Quote from: gerard974 on February 04, 2012, 02:24:05 PM
hello
And those other with BAOBABS

Almost, Gerard - but not quite! Zimbabwe - 10 cents!

<k>

Quote from: malj1 on February 04, 2012, 11:12:30 AM
To highlight the need to improve the plight of women in rural areas, India issued a 25 paise commemorative coin on 1st January, 1981. The obverse of the coin shows a woman using an electric husking machine, with a traditional granary and electric pylon in the background.

Source http://www.coinnetwork.com/profiles/blogs/25-paise-commemorative-coins

You are all ganging up on me today, I see.  :'(  Bye-bye to my beloved electric pylons design: sure the best electric pylons design in the world, even if it's not unique.

<k>

Quote from: chrisild on February 04, 2012, 01:52:01 PM
Can it be a big chip too? :) Here is one, on an Austrian collector coin from 2000. They issued two silver/titanium "millennium" pieces. This one is about communication; the other one (2001) is about mobility. Note how, in the pill, the "100" value is displayed again in a fancy font ...

Christian

A very clever and stylish design, Christian - rather different from the UK 2 pound design, but still a microchip nevertheless, so my UK 2 pound must be REJECTED!  :'(

chrisild

What about men who are about to get the head chopped off? :)

vasari.jpg

San Marino 2011, a €2 commem (image: MDM) honoring Giorgio Vasari.

We see Judith who is busy with Holofernes.

Christian

andyg

Looks a little familiar, Have we seen it before?
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

andyg

Here is a radio telescope from the same series...
always willing to trade modern UK coins for modern coins from elsewhere....

<k>

Quote from: andyg on February 04, 2012, 08:08:01 PM
Looks a little familiar, Have we seen it before?

Those pesky micro-states! How dare the San Marinese, or whatever they're called, copy the designs of the noble Isle of Man. Anyway, 1986? I'm surprised they had PCs in YOUR day, andyg.  ;D

<k>

Malta, 5 mils, 1972. An amphora. Do any more amphora designs exist?

<k>

Iceland, 10 aurar. The only squid on a coin?