Bell-Fruit Games Ltd

Started by Figleaf, November 13, 2011, 09:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

africancoins

An update to the British machine tokens section of World of Tokens that covers Bell Fruit is currently in progress with the help of many images from bhx7 and various info from Malcolm and the also the Hayes listings. That will amount to over well 100 types listed and so it is expected that those series with the 21.3mm 5/-, 5/. and 25p types (those without "BELL FRUIT" in their legend) will have separate pages so as to save having too long a page. Those larger jackpot tokens (some including the names of other companies) are expected to remain on the Bell Fruit page so as to have continuity from the old "Mals Tokens" website page for these particular types.

As for those two "S&N" types shown above. I am surprised that the first is on Numista, the image quality is somewhat poor. The other piece is one I had noticed on Ebay the other day. (Better images are available for these types.)

Malcolm had a similar type the two shown here, it had thick legend "S&N" combined with "5/.". It had a stamped number far from those known for the two types shown here.

Other info for the types shown, from one of Malcolm's listing sources:- "Made by Bell-Fruit for use in their machines located in pubs tied to the Scottish and Newcastle Brewery.".

Thanks Mr Paul Baker

Figleaf

Great news, Paul. Happy to see Malcolm's work live on and expanded. A big thank you to all those co-operating on the project.

Peter
An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

bhx7

Up to date I have sent around 89 Bell Fruit token images to Paul who has been setting the page up ready. I am still actively searching for new tokens to add to this set, or at least so that decent images can be used for the WoT page. I have enjoyed the hunt. Paul is doing an amazing job putting all the info together from the specs I have and information already collated from Mal and others. I am excited to see how the page turns out.

As for the S&N 5/- pieces, I had already sent some nice images of the ones I have of those and another similar to Paul around 5 to 6 weeks go at Pauls request.

I am still actively seeking out any Bell Fruit Token or any of the brewery types and would be happy to look at any that anyone may have.

Thanks
Brian